Followers

Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Renunciation




Contents


1.    Introduction
2.    The Summary of Story
3.    Drama Scripts
4.    Conclusion












Introduction

                                               This is an assignment on English to write scripts of Drama. This Drama, which I am going to explain about my life in drama. Here we learnt some ways or methods to make drama scripts.
                                             This is the first Drama Scripts, which I am going to   writer. The story is very related with my life some points are not true but most of story are true in my life. I gave the name of renunciation because its renunciation monks life to the lay life and again come back to the monk life.

                                           My best effort to write this drama is not to be Dramatist but to learn how to write drama scripts as well as learn new methods to spread Dhamma in the world thought Drama.









The Summary of Story
The story started from the SIBA the insinuation where all are following their degree. Dilbhadra who has enter to the Buddha Sasana as the Buddhist monk and later he goes to his home and met his parents and special friends of childhood. He decided to disrobe but his friends’ advice not to disrobe. She advise him finally he change his discussion and again return to monk life.
 











Act 01 Scene 01
[Stage will open with light which indicate the sun arise and sounds of birds]
Santa: Grrrrrrr Grrrrrrrr [deep sleeping].
Dilbhadra: Good morning Santa [Dilbhadra calls to Santa while he gets up from his bed]
Santa: [deep sleeping and murmuring] I want to come with you.
Dilbhadra: [wash his face and brush his teeth and again speak to Santa] Santa…. Wake up friend, now time is 7:30 A.M.
Santa: “Aiyyo” Dil we have enough time, let me sleep little more.
Dilbhadra: Wake up friend we have to go early otherwise lecture will disappointed.
Santa: Ok make a tea I will boil the water.
Dilbhadra: Ok until that I will take a bath.
Act 01 Scene 02
Narrator
 [Suddenly someone knock the door] Knock ‼‼   Knock ‼‼‼
Santa: Who is that?
Unknown person: Wake up friends its me Magar. Open the door.
Santa: [opened the door] Good morning Magar would you like to join with us for tea?
Magar: Yes of course, especially I came for that [Laughing hahaahahhahahahahhah]
Santa: Ok Wash the cups Dil will make tea.
Magar: Washing the cups and mug spoons for make cups of tea.
Dil: [Singing songs while taking bath….. “Hantanayata Payana sada lassanieda kiyanna”]
Magar: Dil come out and make the tea.
Dil: Ok OK I am almost finish wait five minutes.

Act 01 Scene 03
Dil: [After the taking bath] good morning Magar.
Magar: Good morning Dil. Make the tea hurry otherwise we have to boil water again.
Santa: Ok I will take a bath and join for tea.
Magar: Why you both are taking bath earlier in the morning?
Dil: “Arogya Parama Labha “As a student, health is very important therefore we take care our body.
Magar: Ok good ideas. Wait Dil I have biscuits let we eat and drink a tea.
Dil: Oh! Good idea.
  Act 01 Scene 04
Dil: [Sweeping the room and switch on his phone radio, after sweeping he prepare a tea for all and called them to drink tea.] Santa, Magar tea is ready.
Santa: Ok I think time is already 8:15 A.M. shall we drink tea quickly and go to the class?
Dil: Yes, that is good ideas.
Magar: But lectures are coming late therefore 9:00 is perfect time for class. Our lecturers are always late as well as we are. [Laughing loudly Hahhahahhaahhahahahha]
Dil: “Na paresam Vilo mani –naparesam Kata katam –Attanova avekkheya –Katani akatanica”
First let we do our duty do not look at others and point out their mistakes.
Santa: ok Let we go time is 8:30.A.M.
 Act 02 Scene 01
[Everyone are in the classroom, they are chatting laughing and some are sitting]
Dil: Good morning everyone.
Girls and other class members: Good morning Dil …
Achini: Hamuduruwani have you done the homework in English.
Dil: Yes, I have complete that already.
Achini and Ruwanti : Good Hamuduruwani show us your book .
Dil: Here the Book is.
Achini : Thank you! Wow, you have done the great job.
Dil :[Smile from his face and start to speak]  “Uddhayamena sidhaynati -karyamena manorathie –Nahi suptassahya Sinhassya-Pravesantu mukhe murgha”.
Achini: is that Tamil? I cannot understand that meaning can you translate it.
Dil: I also do not know hahahaahahaa.


Act 02 Scene 02
[Suddenly Lecturer came to the class. Dil; took his book and went to his chair]
Lecturer: Good morning all of you. Today I am going to teach new lesson and very important lesson to your life.
Santa: [speak loudly and called to Dil] Dil you have phone call from home.
Dil: Oh! Yes that call is for me [Dil went out and answer the call] Hello! Dil is speaking, how are you mom?
Mother: Dear son we are fine. We call you to invite to come home in next week.
Dil: Ok Mom I will come to meet you all in next week. Budusaranie Amma!
[Dil came to the class after the conversation with mom. He knew that parents are calling to home for particularly reason.]
Santa: Dil any problem, what are you thinking?
Dil: Nothing just preparation to drive home in next week.
[After the finishing lecture, Dil went to hostel to get ready to go home. He knew that this time would difficult to avoid the parent’s invitation. Then he went to the home]
Act 02 Scene 03
[The Village was so beautiful. The fresh air makes him happy and smell of mud remind his childhood. After the long journey he arrived to his home]
 Mother: Dear son welcome to the home. How was your journey?
Dil: Nice mom! Where is father?
Mom: father went to meet his friends to invite function, which is going to held today.
Dil: Which function Mom? I do not know anything about function.
Mom: The traditionally function of harvest festival.
Dil: Ok I have remember now
Narrator: [came to the stage and start to speak] this moments can be describe as the second renunciation from monk life to the lay life.
Act 03 Scene 01
Kumari: Good morning Dil, how are you and how was your journey?
Dil: hello! Kumari, Good morning I am fine and nice journey too.
Kumari: we thought you will never come to home again
Dil: Why do you think like that?
Kumari: Because you forget us, aren’t you?
Dil: in truth not Kumari why do you think like that?
Kumarai: then why you did not responded my letters
Dil: oh I was busy with my study.
Kumari: Ok I believe you then what are your planning now?
Dil: Noting but have to think
[Suddenly mom came to the stage and start to talked with Kumari]
Mom: Dear Kumari duwa come to inside to home and have a cup of tea.
Kumari: I was waiting for tea but Dil did not invite me.
Dil: Oh sorry I forgot that
Kumari: you have hobbit to forget that is why you forget me aren’t you?
[Everyone entered to the home and mom prepared a tea for all]
Act 03 Scene 02
Father: Good morning Duwa Kumari
Kumari: Good morning tatti
Dil:[ thinking in his mind ]I have enough to stayed as a monk life now I should be disrobe because  I have to look after my patents. But how do I tell tis to parents what wil they think about me?
Kumari: Dil what are you thinking?
Dil: to be honest Kumari I am planning to disrobe and look after my patents because I feel sad when you look my parents but as a son I cannot do that.
Kumari: Listen Dil everyone cannot stay in the robe. The attachment is suffering, I think you know better than me about that aren’t you
Dil: [understood and think again and aging] thank you kumara to remember the aim.
Kumari: I also loved you I do not need to take your happiness and be happy I promised to look after your parents asmy parents.
Dil: ok Ammi I hope to go back temple tomorrow.
Mom and dad: why are there any works?
Dil: Yes, My final examination is coming soon and hope to prepare for that
[Mom dad and Kumari blessed to Dil and Dil came to his education place backed]

Act 03 Scene 03
Dil: I understood that sufferings arse because attachments therefore I do not want t be suffer in my life.
[Narrator came to the stage and every lights are on and chant this stanza]
Narrator: Pemati jayato Soko-pemato jayati bhayam
                 Peato vippa muttassa –Natthi Soko kuto Bhayam”[1]
 The stage drama is end and all the lights switch on in the hall.

The End









Dilbhadra Maharjan (The main role of the Drama) A protagonist
Santha maharjan (
Character


[1] Dhammapada

No comments:

Post a Comment