Followers

Thursday, May 29, 2014

The separation of prince Siddhartha and princess Yasodhra




Introduction
                         This is an assignment on the subject of Advance English, where I have to create the stage drama scrip for one hours. At this point I have select the story of Prince Siddhartha and princess Yosodhara. I hope to describe the get-together and the departure of their life. That is the theme of this Drama Script. The story of drama is most famous to us therefore I do not explain more details on the story.
                        I hope to be grateful to our English teacher Ms. Buddhi Ariyathne, who gave this opportunity to learn something different in my life. As Chinese Buddhist monk I never thought that I will write Drama scrip in my life but after this chance, I feel great to write stage drama script which is new experience to my life.
                     I hope to thanks once again to our English teacher for this experience to my life.

  

Act 01 Scene 01
 [The Stage is opening, only few lights are switched on and the narrator is coming forward with the drama scripts, while he is going to describe the beginning of drama the soft music is playing which is most related to this drama. The narrator welcomed all and start to his act] 
Narrator: “Namo Tassa Bhagawato Arahato Samma SamBuddhassa” [chanting softly] before the Buddha renunciation he was well known as the brave and most handsome prince at the kingdom of kapilavastu. Here we are is going to act that story.
[After his explanation the stages closed and switched off all the lights except small one. The prince approached to the stage]
Prince Siddhartha: [speaking with Channa] Channa good morning.
 Channa: Good morning my prince
Prince Siddhartha: How are you?
Channa: Not bad my prince and how was your night?
Prince Siddhartha: well channa not need to hide you I feel to discover something more but my father do not give permission to go out from royal house.
Channa: Do not think about that, I am sure that we will go outside someday.
Prince Siddhartha: I do not Channa, when will come that day and my dreams come true.
Channa: Shall we go for the breakfast?
Prince Siddhartha: OK let we go but do not tell these things to father.
Channa: ok my prince!

[The stage is closed and next stages is crated]
Act 01 Scene 02
Narrator: [came forward to the stage and start to speak] the prince Siddhartha wants to go out from the royal home but he was not permissioned. But one day will come where everyone dreams comes true]
King Suddhodana: Good morning dear son!
Prince Siddhartha: Good morning dear father.
King Suddhodana: come and sit to have a breakfast
Prince Siddhartha: yes father.
Prince Siddhartha: father why do not you granted the permission to go out and look the outside world.
King Suddhodana: There are so many bad people who are living here, they are not all good .royal palace is better and safe place for you.
Prince Siddhartha: but father …
King Suddhodana: Stop no more discussion while the eating
Narrator: after the small discussion prince finished his breakfast and came back to his Subha royal home.
Act 01 Scene 03
Narrator: prince is thinking alone about the outside world. [Suddenly one royal serven came and bow to the prince Siddhartha and said like this]
Royal servant:   My prince there is the massage for you.
Prince Siddhartha: what is that?
Royal servant: Queen Maha Prajapati Gotami wants to meet you and ask to come to meet her.
Prince Siddhartha: ok I will come in few minutes
Narrator: The Maha Prajapati Gotami who is the step mother of Prince Siddhartha. She wants to meet him to ask something.
Act 01 Scene 04
Prince Siddhartha: Mother did you called me?
Queen Maha Prajapati Gotami: Yes my son
Prince Siddhartha: what is the matter mother?
Queen Maha Prajapati Gotami: Dear son we have decide to go Deudaha Nuwar to visit king and meet his daughter. We have decide your marriage with beautiful prince Yosaodhara.
Prince Siddhartha: Yosodhara‼! I feel something familiar with that name.
Queen Maha Prajapati Gotami: ok then get ready next week to go and meet her.
[the stage is closed again and switched off some lights to indicated that night and days are going, then the day of journey to  meet Yasodhara]
Act 02 Scene 01
[Narrator come forward and start to speak]
Narrator: The flowers are hidden because of the shame and moon is sad because of there are more beautiful princess in the human world.
Prince Siddhartha: [Entered to the Yosodhara’s royal home]
Princess Yosodhara: [She saw the prince Siddhartha]
[Both are booking each other hours and hours, they felt that they have meet before in their life]
Princess Yosodhara: Come and sit down I was waiting years and years for you.
Prince Siddhartha: Yosodhara ! [take deep breathe] I feel something which I cannot explain to you it is hard to understand that why do I feel like about you‼!
Princess Yosodhara: I also feel same feelings that we have met earlier in our life.
[After the long conversation they agreed to get married and the married each other]
Act 02 Scene 02
Narrator: [Came to stage and start to speak] after the get married Princess Yosodhara and prince Siddhartha lived with happily. Finally they have a son name Rahula.
Prince Siddhartha: Dear Channa now I feel father allowed to go outside to me. I like to go visits outside, can you take me?
Channa: Yes my prince I will take you
[Both went to outside and them saw old man, sick people, death body and monk]
Prince Siddhartha: Channa if these all things are happening I want to know the way to get rid of them.
Channa: Yes my Prince, we all have to death one day.

[Prince Siddhartha start to think, if we all are become to decay and death I need to find the way to stop it. I have to renunciation from royal home]
Act 03 Scene 01


Prince Siddhartha: Mom, Dad and my love Yosodhara if all we are getting sick, getting old and die then I need to find out the solution for that. Therefore please let me to find that and give permission to gout from royal home.
[All are crying and Prince Siddhartha went from home to find the truth]
Narrator: [came to stage and start to talk] this is the start stage of prince Siddhartha’s journey to find truth and separation from his wife, son and parents.  Later he discovered the Truth which is famous as Buddhism in modern society.]
[All the characters came to the stage and end the story]
The End



Theme of stage Drama: The separation of prince Siddhartha and princess Yasodhra

Characters: Prince Siddharatha, Prince Yosodhara King and queen Channa and royal servant.








                                                           








No comments:

Post a Comment